It is amazing that some of the most delicious fruits are also fantastic for our skin care routines. Now more than ever in recent memory the focus has shifted back to what benefits nature provides in botanical ingredients over chemical and synthetic conjurings. Today we will look at the Pawpaw fruit and the benefits that we could reap from including in skin care formulations.
What is Pawpaw?
This long oblong fruit grows across Northern Queensland on the Pawpaw tree and beloved Australian delicacies. The fruit produced from them are greenish/blackish in colour and grows approximately 3 to 6 inches long. Inside, you will discover bright yellow flesh and dark brown seeds. This delicious fruit is ready to eat freshly picked off the trees. Pawpaw is commonly used in cooking, fruit salads, smoothies and desserts.
What's in it?
Pawpaw contains antioxidants and Vitamins A, B-6, C, E and K. The Pawpaw fruit also contains several key Nutrients such as; Niacin, Thiamine, Folate and Riboflavin. Full of minerals, Pawpaw provides your body with Potassium, Phosphorus and Magnesium. They are low in calories and contain protein, making them an ideal snack for weight control. fermented Pawpaw has an enzyme called papain. This fantastic fruit not only can help with digestion, help to reduce inflammation and pain in the body but can even treat a sore throat.
Used in skin care products, the pawpaw’s many benefits will do wonders for your skin.
- The enzyme, papain, is a gentle exfoliant. Exfoliation is an essential part of every skin care routine. This process removes the dead cells, revealing the smooth, fresh skin beneath.
- The Vitamin C in pawpaw helps to heal and protect your skin against sun damage.
- Pawpaw has properties of natural cleansing, and this can clear your skin of any impurities and unclog your pores, preventing breakouts. That makes pawpaw excellent for people whose skin is prone to acne.
- There are natural bleaching properties found in pawpaw that will help to lighten and brighten skin. That means it can help to fade dark spot and even out your skin tone.
- Between the minerals and vitamins found in pawpaw, they will help to maintain the moisture level in your skin. Your face will feel and look more hydrated and healthier. This will help to plump up your skin a bit, giving it a more youthful look.
- Pawpaw can help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The fruit is filled with Vitamin C and antioxidants helping to fight the damaging effects of free radicals.
Skin care companies list ingredients on their labels in order of highest to lowest concentration. So, look for Pawpaw on your skin care products list the higher on the list, the stronger the extract will be in the product. The inclusion of natural botanical ingredients in our skin care routine is a gentler and healthier way to improve the health and appearance of our skin.