Vitamin C boosts your skin's collagen production to give you firmer, more plump skin and smooth out fine lines and wrinkles. Vitamin C is such an important ingredient to have in your skin care products. You find it in everything from serums to masks. This is because of the amazing results you can achieve by using it on a regular basis. Here are just a few of the benefits you could be receiving by using skin care treatment products with Vitamin C in them.
Benefits of Vitamin C in Skin Care:
- Vitamin C can help to increase the production of collagen.
- The boost of collagen production can plump up your skin, giving it a more youthful appearance.
- Fine line and wrinkles will become less visible.
- Vitamin C has strong antioxidant properties which are beneficial in skin care products.
- It helps in the fight against the signs of aging.
- Vitamin C is well known for helping to brighten dark spots.
- It works to heal and repair skin.
- It is a powerful agent in the fight against sun damage.
Antioxidants in Skin Care
One of the most important properties of Vitamin C its antioxidant effects. Antioxidants fight the damage that is caused by free radicals. These free radicals damage the DNA of skin cells, which speed up the aging process, cause dark spots, and damage to the elastic fibres. This causes a breakdown in collagen. Skin begins to sag and wrinkles are created.
Forms of Vitamin C
So, you can see that it would greatly benefit your skin to use products containing this incredibly powerful vitamin. It is not as simple as just purchasing any product with Vitamin C in it. For one, the ingredient list will not just say “Vitamin C”. There are many different forms of this vitamin and some are better than others. Vitamin C is also highly unstable. When exposed to light or air it breaks down and becomes useless.
Popular Forms of Vitamin C Found in Skin Care Products:
- L-Ascorbic Acid is the most potent form but, it is less stable than other forms and can cause skin irritation in high doses.
- Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate is less powerful.
- Ascorbyl Palmitate is also less powerful than L-Ascorbic Acid.
- Ascorbic Glucosamine is another form that is less powerful.
Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate is the latest form of Vitamin C
This powerful derivative is more stable than the others. In order for Vitamin C to do its job, it must be able to reach deep into the dermis where it is able to stimulate the production of collagen. The best thing about Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate it is that it is oil soluble. This means that it is able to penetrate deep enough to work. It is also less irritating to skin than other forms of Vitamin C, making it safe for sensitive skin.
Brightening Vitamin C Antioxidant Booster
How can you take advantage of the potency of L-Ascorbic Acid while keeping it stable and not irritating to your skin? One solution is to try Vitamin C in a powder form. This powder is 100% pure, making it very strong. It will stay stable until mixed with a liquid, so you can store it safely with no worries. You can mix it with products you already use at home such as toner or serum. You can also just mix it with water to apply to your face. This is the best way to add the brightening power of Vitamin C to your skin care routine for maximum potency..
As with any product or ingredient, in order for Vitamin C in any form to work, you will need to stick with it and be patient an average of 30 days to for full results.
Use the products as directed and give them time to do their job. It is best to use your Vitamin C treatments at night and remember to wear moisturizer with sunscreen during the sun.
We have included this bite Boost in our Travel Sets